First of I wanted to thank all the Knights that came out and assisted our parishioners staple their ribbons to the cross. It was beautiful and the finished cross looks amazing!
Now for a very important topic for the future of our council. I do not want to overly alarm anyone but we are starting to reach serious burn out from many of our 'regular' volunteers. The core unit is tired and their families would like them around more often, especially around fish fry time. With that said the leadership of our council will need to meet and put corrective action in place. WHY DO I TYPE THIS HERE? I feel it is important for every member of council 7186 to search deep inside, reflect on why you joined the Knights of Columbus, what needs to happen for you to take a more active role and speak to your families about returning to 'active duty'.
It is equally important to state this is NOT a reflection on the core group that gets it done. I love each and everyone of these guys and know that they are not walking away but rather crying out for help.
Please be watching for additional information on our 2016 Lenten Fish Fry events. The dates are February 12, February 26 and March 11. We need your help!
Please remember to visit our new site at www.kofc7186.org for the latest information and calendar!
Go Make a Difference!
Knights of Columbus - Grand Knight
Father H. Charles Mulholland
Council #7186 - Apex, NC
- January 21 - THIS IS TONIGHT New Candidate social and information evening at Grand Knights House - 7:30 PM
- January 25 - First Degree - will be held at St Micheal's since we did not have a degree team
- January 26 - Serving at the Men's Shelter - see below for signup under recurring events
The 2016 yearly membership dues for Knights of Columbus council 7185 are now due. The annual dues are $ 28.00 and 'Penny a Day' is $ 3.65. This can be paid via check or cash mailed in or the easy way is to payis via online at the link below (it is our new page). Simply use your paypal account or sign up for one (it is free) and pay.
Lenten Fish Fry - Advertising is moving and pricing is being set
Our leadership team of Paul Thomann (the Czar), Joe Mills and Jim Piasecki held the kick off meeting along with GK - Paul McGrath (me), WGK Chris Hanes, Kathy Loeschorn Kitchen Captain, Vic Agusta Advertising, Rich Barone Dovetail, John Sherland Technical Lead and John Rutigliano Sales. Again here are the main section leaders. Please reach out to them and pray about taking a more active part in the Fish Fry Events!
- Sales (Ed Moroney - Lead / Frank DeMaria & Greg Allen - assistants) - Sales needs to start to think about the fish fries and what the pricing will be for that event
- Advertising (Vic Agusta - Lead / Matt Maiers ) - Secure use permit from town, assess road signs, etc
- Supply (Jim Piasecki - lead) - you know what to do
- Delivery (Danny Lynch - lead) - Mostly the night of the event
- Dovetail (Rich Barone - Lead / Chris Hanes - assistant) - working with our supporting organizations
The Dates for the 2016 Fish Fry Events are:
WE WILL NEED A FEW MORE MEN TO ASSIST WITH THE FRYERS AND SET UP IN THE BACK AT ALL THREE EVENTS!
Please consider volunteering or participating for these worthy causes:
- 2nd Sunday of every month at 10:10AM-10:35AM – Rosary for Life and Divine Mercy Chaplet in the St. MM Chapel
- 4th Saturday of every month from 8-10AM – Rosary for Life at Drake Circle in Raleigh
- 4th Tuesday of every month from 5:15-6:30PM – Serve meals at Wilmington Street Homeless Shelter in Raleigh