Grand Knight's Message
I trust that you had time to spend with your family and friends to share in the joy of the coming of Jesus Christ.
Geri and I were able to spend time with family and friends and witnessed the true meaning through the works of our daughter, Madeleine (AKA Maddy). A simple non selfish act on her part put the meaning of Christmas in the forefront of our minds. Geri took the girls to 'build a bear' while I finished some Christmas gift assembly at home. Maddy gave her new bear to a 5 year old girl at the mall that needed it more then her. I believe Maddy changed that little girls life and heart.
I am sure you each have similar stories that are founded in the 'Domestic Church', aka from your leadership. I know this because you have showed it to me by volunteering and coming together as Knights of Columbus to make our community a better place. As head of households you guide your families as they follow your example.
Finally, please get ready for our busy Fish Fry season and look for new ways to support our council which in turn supports our community AND strengthens your role as 'Head of Household'.
Knights of Columbus - Grand Knight
Father H. Charles Mulholland
Council #7186 - Apex, NC
- December 31 in the AM - Seal the inside of our new trailer. Please contact Jim Piasecki if you can help (need three brothers)
- January 04 - Fish Fry 'kick off' meeting at STMM 7:00 PM
- January 07 - Business Mtg (Financial at 7:00) and regular meeting at 7:30
- January 14 - New Candidate social and information evening at Grand Knights House - 7:30 PM
- January TBD - First Degree - We have six new candidates who will be ready
Disassemble and Store Nativity
Greg Allen is leading our council in taking down the nativity and storing it back in our room. We will need ten brothers to assist with this effort but 'all are welcome'! Here is a signup to assist us in knowing how many can help:
Lenten Fish Fry - Org Chart Meeting
Brothers, please be ready for the Fish Fry kick off meeting to be held at STMM on January 04. The meeting will cover ALL aspects of the fish fry events and the responsibilities of each area of the org chart. Our leadership team of Paul Thomann (the Czar), Joe Mills and Jim Piasecki are ready to get it started. Here are the section owners that should make every effort to attend:
- Sales (Ed Moroney - Lead / Frank DeMaria & Greg Allen - assistants) - Sales needs to start to think about the fish fries and what the pricing will be for that event
- Advertising (Vic Agusta - Lead / Matt Maiers ) - Secure use permit from town, assess road signs, etc
- Supply (Jim Piasecki - lead) - you know what to do
- Delivery (Danny Lynch - lead) - Mostly the night of the event
- Dovetail (Rich Barone - Lead / Chris Hanes - assistant) - working with our supporting organizations
The Dates for the 2016 Fish Fry Events are:
Please consider volunteering or participating for these worthy causes:
- 2nd Sunday of every month at 10:10AM-10:35AM – Rosary for Life and Divine Mercy Chaplet in the St. MM Chapel
- 4th Saturday of every month from 8-10AM – Rosary for Life at Drake Circle in Raleigh
- 4th Tuesday of every month from 5:15-6:30PM – Serve meals at Wilmington Street Homeless Shelter in Raleigh ( next scheduled date will be January 26… Signup to follow