Happy New Year to and your families!
We are heading into our busy season with the three Lenten Fish Fry events. The Fish Fry fundraisers are 'all hands on deck' type of volunteering events. The Fundraising leadership team and I met this week to start our final preparations with advertising, supply and pricing. More to follow in the days and weeks ahead. Please be open to assist when asked.
I am pleased to announce that we have a First Degree Exemplification scheduled for Monday January 25 at 7:00 PM. All candidates should arrive by 6:30. Please come out and welcome our new candidates and hopefully Brothers as they complete the First Degree. To further prepare our candidates, I am hosting a social event for new candidates at my home on Thursday January 21 at 7:00PM. The leadership team will be there to help answer questions and get them prepared and excited to join KofC 7186!
Please remember to visit our new site at www.kofc7186.org for the latest information and calendar!
Go Make a Difference!
Knights of Columbus - Grand Knight
Father H. Charles Mulholland
Council #7186 - Apex, NC
- January 07 - Business Mtg (Financial at 7:00) and regular meeting at 7:30
- January 10 - Nativity breakdown and storage
- January 21 - New Candidate social and information evening at Grand Knights House - 7:30 PM
- January 25 - First Degree - We have six new candidates who will be ready
- January 26 - Serving at the Men's Shelter - see below for signup under recurring events
Disassemble and Store Nativity - Still Need a Few more Knights
Greg Allen is leading our council in taking down the nativity and storing it back in our room. We will need ten brothers to assist with this effort but 'all are welcome'! Here is a signup to assist us in knowing how many can help:
Love My Life Youth Rally
Youth Rally Volunteers
Good morning and Happy New Year!!
We are in the home stretch, with two weeks to go before our big event!!
We are still in need of many volunteers, particularly in the area of parking.
Will you please mention this at your upcoming January meetings and provide the link to the signup genius to your members?
Here is the link:
Thank you again for your partnership and your wonderful support.
Mary Beth Phillips
Respect Life Ministry Coordinator
Office of Human Life and Dignity
Catholic Diocese of Raleigh
Lenten Fish Fry - Meeting Held and We are Off and Started
Our leadership team of Paul Thomann (the Czar), Joe Mills and Jim Piasecki held the kick off meeting along with GK - Paul McGrath (me), WGK Chris Hanes, Kathy Loeschorn Kitchen Captain, Vic Agusta Advertising, Rich Barone Dovetail, John Sherland Technical Lead and John Rutigliano Sales. Again here are the main section leaders. Please reach out to them and pray about taking a more active part in the Fish Fry Events!
- Sales (Ed Moroney - Lead / Frank DeMaria & Greg Allen - assistants) - Sales needs to start to think about the fish fries and what the pricing will be for that event
- Advertising (Vic Agusta - Lead / Matt Maiers ) - Secure use permit from town, assess road signs, etc
- Supply (Jim Piasecki - lead) - you know what to do
- Delivery (Danny Lynch - lead) - Mostly the night of the event
- Dovetail (Rich Barone - Lead / Chris Hanes - assistant) - working with our supporting organizations
The Dates for the 2016 Fish Fry Events are:
WE WILL NEED A FEW MORE MEN TO ASSIST WITH THE FRYERS AND SET UP IN THE BACK AT ALL THREE EVENTS!
Please consider volunteering or participating for these worthy causes:
- 2nd Sunday of every month at 10:10AM-10:35AM – Rosary for Life and Divine Mercy Chaplet in the St. MM Chapel
- 4th Saturday of every month from 8-10AM – Rosary for Life at Drake Circle in Raleigh
- 4th Tuesday of every month from 5:15-6:30PM – Serve meals at Wilmington Street Homeless Shelter in Raleigh