Hello Brothers, Wives and Friends,
The picture above of our new Chapel is a beautiful image of our faith community coming together. All the pieces of the physical campus of St Mary Magdalene are nearing their first stage of completeness. We now have a great and wonderful task of reaching out and welcoming newcomers and former members to our parish. The first opportunity for the Knights of Columbus is our Ministry Fair this weekend after each of the Masses. Our DGK, Tom Blum, Chancellor Dan Cantrell and Membership Director, Mike Erpenbach have been working hard on a new display to help share our works. We still need more help to man the table after each of the weekend Masses. Please stop by our table and take a look and help share our story.
Our council's committee working on the memorial for the Unborn, Neglected and Abandoned is meeting with Father Staib and the Parish Council tonight, Wednesday September 6, to discuss our suggested designs, discuss potential locations and to understand the next steps in making this a reality. We are very aware of the power this memorial will provide for those that are healing from any of the above. We will keep you updated.
Important meeting announcement - We will meet in Room 1 in the new Church this Thursday! As usual the financial review will occur at 7:00PM followed by the normal monthly meeting at 7:30. Past GK Chris Hanes and I looked at the room which appears smaller than the Adult room but I was told it is actually larger. We will find out on Thursday, so please come out and see.
Please see the section below 'UPCOMING ACTIVITIES' for information on the various activities for September and the associated signups for each of them. In summary we have; Ministry Fair on September 9th and 10th, CPO Food Drive on 16th & 17th, Apex Music Festival on 16th and the Adopt-A-Highway on September 23rd.
We are called! Now is a great time to come out and get involved.
Paul L. McGrath & Umberto Norigenna
Knights of Columbus - Grand Knight
Father H. Charles Mulholland Council
Council #7186 - Apex, NC
- St Mary Magdalene Ministry Fair - The annual Ministry fair will be held this Saturday and Sunday September 9th and 10th after each Mass. This is a great opportunity to speak with potential new Knights! Please see the sign up here:
- Load CPO Truck - WOW .. we are busy in September. September 16th and 17th This is an easy signup to help receive the bags for the CPO food drive and load their truck before and after each mass that weekend. Here is the signup:
- Apex Music Fest - Our council will be cooking at this fantastic downtown Apex event on September 16th. It is a great evening event with wondering music and lots of fun. Please see the signup below:
- Adopt A Highway - Saturday morning September 23rd. We will meet at the usual spot, Olive Chapel Elementary School. Please see sign up below:
For all those affected by Hurricane Harvey that they may find comfort in human resolve and the generosity of the people of the United States and the World. To help them through this very difficult time and to see a light at the end of this long tunnel.
Prayer goes out to those in the path of Hurricane Irma to protect their lives, homes and business from this powerful storm.
Please send me an email if you would like to add a prayer request here or any other special intentions. Additionally, if you need assistance, send me an email at email@example.com and we will organize the help.
With all my love and support, your fraternal brother, Paul
Monthly Recurring Activities
- KofC Business Meeting – First Thursday of every month 7:30 – 9:00PM in STMM SECOND Adult Room (Financial Meeting 7:00 – 7:30PM).
- Rosary for Life and Divine Mercy Chaplet – Second Sunday of every month 10:10 – 10:35AM in STMM Chapel
- Rosary for Life – Fourth Saturday of every month from 8:00 – 10:00AM at Drake Circle in Raleigh
- Serve meals to the homeless – Fourth Tuesday of every month 5:15 – 6:30PM at Wilmington Street Homeless Shelter in Raleigh - http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d4ea4ab2a1-mens
Your service makes a difference!